Career Opportunities for Agents
VRSI is a full service financial organization offering retirement planning, investments, annuities, and insurance products through a variety of companies. We have been providing quality investment and insurance programs to educators for over 30 years. VRSI currently services more than 15,000 participants in over 90 Virginia school districts.
Regardless of your past experience or background, you CAN be successful with us. If you are motivated by helping people, motivated by having the opportunity for unlimited income potential for you and your family, and have a solid work ethic - then VRSI could be your final career home.
As a VRSI sales representative, you will be responsible for 403(b) and 457 enrollment, and individual retirement and investment counseling. Additionally, VRSI Reps must possess the skills necessary to effectively communicate, schedule and conduct one on one retirement counseling appointments, and recommend and implement investment and insurance strategies.
The ideal VRSI Rep should possess the following qualifications:
- Understanding of the 403(b) and 457 marketplace
- Basic Investment and insurance product knowledge
- Possess Life & Health Insurance Licenses at time of appointment
- Securities licenses are preferred
- College degree
- Submit to and pass a comprehensive background check
Qualified candidates are expected to have the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to be motivated and productive without outside supervision
- True desire to be involved in a long-term mentor based training program
We provide the tools and resources necessary that will help set you up for success – including:
- Continuing market/product-related education
- Wide array of financial products
- Turnkey marketing system
- Niche marketplace with focused marketing
- A place to work every day, every week
- Comprehensive company support and training
Characteristics of a successful VRSI Independent Agent are reflected in our Core Values:
Vision - We partner with our clients to plan for their future.
Relationships - It's not about business transactions; it's about business relationships.
Service - Serving our clients is the foundation of our relationship with them.
Integrity - Honesty and confidentiality are the hallmark of our relationship with our clients.
VRSI is a Virginia based corporation dedicated to working with VRS members:
- To assist you in understanding your state retirement system,
- And educating you on your retirement income options.
Our most well-received program has been our Retirement Planning Analysis Program, which consists of two parts:
- A presentation that shows, in general, how the VRS retirement system works,
- And a Personalized Retirement Analysis, that shows how you may maximize your retirement income.
We are in no way affiliated with the Virginia Retirement System, but we do specialize in the benefits available to you under the VRS and provide programs which are designed, not to replace the benefits that you currently qualify for, but are designed to supplement and enhance those benefits.
Our site is filled with educational videos, articles, slideshows, and calculators designed to help you learn more. As you search our site, send us a note regarding any questions you may have about any particular investment concepts or products. We'll get back to you quickly with a thoughtful answer.